- What are cookies and similar techniques?
- What does Home center do with cookies?
- What kind of cookies does Home center use?
- How can you disable or delete cookies?
- Do you have a question, request or concern?
- Updates and changes to the Cookie Statement
1. What are cookies and similar techniques?
2. What does Home center do with cookies?
3. What kind of cookies does Home center use?
Home center uses the following cookies:
- Functional cookies. A number of the cookies we drop are essential to ensure the proper technical functioning of our websites. For those cookies we will in almost all cases not have to ask for your consent, as those cookies do not have any privacy impact. Other functional cookies are used to provide website functionalities such as the possibility to save preferred settings (for instance your language), to display error messages and to facilitate logging in on our websites.
- Cookies for a personalized experience on Home center website(s). We use analytical cookies to measure the use of our websites and to analyze how visitors browse through our websites. The information we collect via these cookies is used to enhance the user-friendliness of our websites. The information we collect can include which web pages you have visited, which referring/exit pages you came from, which web pages you have opened, what you clicked on or looked at, the number of clicks you make on a certain web page and your scrolling activity.
The analytical cookies that have a limited impact on your privacy, for example when a third party is used for analytics and its settings are privacy-friendly, are dropped without your prior consent.
- Cookies for a personalized experience on other websites. With your consent, we drop various (third party) cookies (such as Google DoubleClick, Hubspot, Twitter) for advertising, commercial and promotional purposes. The personal data collected via these cookies are for example analyzed and used for the development of campaigns, to make audiences to target our website visitors with the most relevant content and personalized communication on our websites.
Home center however limits the amount of cookies placed on our websites. We will drop cookies to that for example, allow us to distinguish you from other website visitors for analytical purposes, to measure the effectiveness of our advertisement campaigns or to enable you to watch social media content.
In terms of duration, we may use two different types of cookies on our website:
- Session cookies. These cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave our websites; and
- Persistent cookies. These cookies remain on your device for a longer period of time or until you manually disable or delete them (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie, as well as your browser settings, as stated below under ‘How can you disable or delete cookies?’).
4. How can you disable or delete cookies?
You can always manage the cookies that we drop on our websites, for example by amending your browser settings. In case you want to disable cookies that were dropped earlier, you want to receive a notification at the moment when a cookie is placed on your device, or want to delete all stored cookies on your device, you can set this through your browser settings (often found under “Help” or “Internet options” in your browser).
If you delete certain or all cookies that Home center uses, it may affect your experience on our websites, for example by preventing you from visiting certain parts of a website or by not receiving personalized content when you visit a Home center website.
If you use different devices to visit our websites (e.g. via your computer, tablet, smartphone, et cetera), you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adapted to your cookie preferences.
For more information about your opt-out possibilities, see https://www.youronlinechoices.eu or https://www.aboutads.info/choices.
5. Do you have a question, request or concern?
6. Updates and changes to the Cookie Statement
Home center can make changes to this Cookie Statement. In case we implement significant changes, Home center may decide to inform you about the changes and provide you with the possibility to change your cookie settings. We advise you to consult this Cookie Statement regularly so that you are kept up to date on any relevant changes.
This Cookie Statement was last updated on August 24th, 2023.